Sunday, January 15, 2012

Caffeine and Creativity

This will be brief, or should be. I am on a tenuous wireless connection, and more turned inward than outward.

As I write this, I am seated in one of the excellent independent coffeehouses which grace this area. There is photography on the walls, although I can't find a name to go with it. (Note to artists: Leave a name and an e-mail address, at least. People need to know how to contact you. End of small soapbox moment)

It's put me in mind of all the caffeinated chance encounters, all the moments that turned into reviews, all the contacts that turned into getting to know artists beyond their works.

I won't attempt a comprehensive list, or even a partial one, of either artists or venues. I would leave someone out, being of imperfect memory, and I would regret the omission.

So ... this one's a bit personal.

To all the coffeehouses that display local art, and to the artists who fill those spaces month after month, thank you for those moments.

Raising my cup, I offer a toast: To many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Libelous comments will be deleted. Really snarky comments from anonymous or pseudonymous posters will probably be deleted, too, even if they're really funny. I use my real name, and I write about people who use their real names. You don't get to break the pattern.